My question is if Akamaru is a pet or a comrade to Kiba. I'm wondering this because he fights alongside Kiba and Kiba treats him like he was another human being (most of the time), but at the same time he also treats him like a pet.
Examples and or clues that he's a pet:
- Teaches him tricks
- Takes baths with him (not a lot of people do but a lot of little kids do)
- Calls him "boy" (Like, "Here boy!")
- He was given to Kiba at a very young age by Kiba's mother (something that happens a lot in real life)
- They lived together for (you could say) their whole life so they're like family (something that also happens in real life)
- They play together (something you will do with a friend or pet)
- Kiba cares a lot about Akamaru that he will do anything to protect him (something that a lot of people do for their pets)
The list goes on and on. I've been looking up stuff, but haven't found anything that says he's his pet. It only says he's his partner, comrade, friend, etc.
When I look up, "Kiba and his pet", then go to images, it shows (at least the first couple of pictures) Kiba and Akamaru.
So is Akamaru Kiba's pet or comrade? To better put it, is Akamaru a pet or a comrade to Kiba?