This text from the Chobits title screen looks to me like a Japanese-English ambigram.
An ambigram is an art form that may be read as one or more words not only in its form as presented, but also from another viewpoint, direction, or orientation. The words readable in the other viewpoint, direction or orientation may be the same or different from the original words. [Source]
In Japanese, it's the title ちょびっツ, but if you look for an English word it looks very much like STUDY.
I'm wondering if there's any evidence that this is intentional. The font on the characters seems to make it more obvious, by making ち look more like an S, for example. Maybe this is subliminal messaging to encourage viewers to study more?
For those who don't see it:
- ち looks pretty close to an S, but the one above looks especially like this one
- ょ looks like a small t if you remove the small loop
- び obviously looks like a U
- っ looks like the D in this TRON-like font
- ツ looks like this y but a bit more curved and with a thicker "double strike"