So, Revolver, Squall's gunblade, is a pure melee weapon, and not actually a gun. Apparently, squeezing the trigger just before the blade hits the target mid-swing amplifies the damage dealt by this weapon.
Here's what I know, and please correct me if I am wrong:
- It uses cartridges (most likely, without the bullet/projectile part) to do its damage-amplification thing.
And here are my issues:
- Since making the cartridges explode is the key to the damage-amplification mechanism, does the explosion send vibrations to the blade, like star wars' vibro blades?
- Or does it use the raw explosion, like, making mini shockwaves to deal more damage?
- Either way, do you think there is a barrel (with only one hole, since the tip of the Revolver has no hole, like for bullets) inside for this vibration/shockwave to travel to the blade?
- Asuming that there exist a material elastic and strong enough to do this mechanism, do you think it would make sense scientifically?
- Do you have some more ideas to share?