Now I'm rather confused. The timeline doesn't add up to me. I was hoping someone to shed some light.
So here's how the events seemingly happened.
- The hidden cloud had, for a period, attempted to capture the nine-tails.
- As a result, the nine-tails ate the Kin/Gin Brothers.
- To survive, they ate the flesh from his stomach.
- The nine-tails spit them out, and they had his chakra when they were expelled.
That's all fine, but it doesn't add up.
- It was said that between the five great villages, the Hidden Leaf was the first.
- It was also said that after Madara's and Hashirama's battle, the nine-tails was sealed inside Hashirama's wife, Mito.
- Shortly before Mito died, the nine-tails was transferred to Kushina.
- During the short nine-tails attack on the village (after being freed from Kushina), the nine-tails was sealed again, inside of Naruto.
Now, we also know that the Kin/Gin brothers were at the same time as the second Hokage, Tobirama. Given that they were the ones who killed him.
When did they have time to get swallowed up by the nine-tails?. The Hidden Cloud village didn't exist before Konoha did, so it can't be before Madara's and Hashirama's battle, and right after that, the nine-tails was in constant Leaf possession.
So when? When did the cloud try to get the nine-tails?