In either the anime or the manga, has Yugi (or Yami) ever lost a duel fair and square? By "fair and square" I mean that Yugi wasn't:
- Against an opponent who was
flat out cheatingusing a Millennium Item to gain an unfair advantage (for instance, using the Millennium Eye to see your opponent's cards is unfair, but using the Millennium Puzzle or Ring to draw on an ancient spirit's wisdom and experience is okay)
- Coerced into losing because there would be consequences if he won
- Chose to lose to prove a point
- Losing in a simulation created by Kaiba
- Otherwise was not motivated to win
- Otherwise was against an opponent who had an unfair advantage or put Yugi at an unfair disadvantage
And no, Yami losing the Final Battle (a.k.a. Ceremonial Duel) doesn't count since the two people were split and one of them had to lose.
I would prefer duels that weren't Shadow Games, since the pressure of that can arguably detract from the game being fair, but won't discount that completely.