I just finished watching the Mirai Nikki anime. Haven't seen the manga.
The last standing player becomes god. At the end, either Yukiteru or Yuno have to die. Yuno dies and Yukiteru is declared the winner of the game.
But how come, if Ninth was still alive?
I had some assumptions:
- Maybe, at this point, no one cares about the game's rules.
- But then it wouldn't be necessary to kill either Yukiteru or Yuno. So it seems like the rules must be followed no matter what.
- Everyone thought that Ninth was dead. So perhaps the "system" was fooled.
- But this would prove that the game's rules have no kind of "transcendental/godlike" authority, as they are incapable of telling whether Ninth is still alive or not. If that's the case, the rules can be bended. But if you could bend the rules, then it wouldn't be necessary to kill either Yukiteru or Yuno.
- When Deus saved Ninth, maybe he kind of disqualified her from the game, so she's not a player anymore and doesn't have to die.
- I don't remember if this was mentioned or implied. Was it?
How did Yukiteru win the game, if Ninth was still living?