Very often, in the middle of an anime episode, I can see some screens lasting just a few seconds.
They very often consist of some drawing/aesthetic element or gag element. It is very often combined with some sound. Most often it is "the onsen sound".
It seems that its purpose is to separate different scenes/setups, make interrupts in long scenes or to make a place for adverts in TV series.
- In Bleach: it was Kon's footprint.
- In KonoSuba: it was an encircled "このすば" writing combined with the voice of seiyuu screaming loud: "KONOSUBA!" and main characters' silhouettes resembling Mario Bros. game mechanics.
- In KanColle: it was a drawing of a newly introduced character with her name.
- In Arpeggio of Blue Steel: it was a sonar screen with the sonar sound.
- In Tenjou Tenge: it was two female main characters during transformation back into "adult form" and cutting sakura petals with katana.
- In One Punch Man: it was a white bold "ONE PUNCH MAN" writing on a red or blue background and also some character's silhouette performing his special attack, accompanied by short electric guitar play.
My question is: What is the name of this technical element?
Potentially linked question (I'm not sure if we are referring to the same element)