So I am going through and rewatching Dragonball Z with my wife and noticed something. When Goku is fighting Freiza as a SSJ, he gets sent into lava during the process of King Kai's wish for bringing back everyone that "Frieza and his henchmen killed".
So my first question is:
Did Goku die in this moment? Seems that the events went as follows:
- King Kai starts wish
- Goku goes into lava and dies.
- Goku is brought back to life from King Kai's wish
- Goku is much more powerful and full of energy (finally having the edge over Freiza vs before these events when it was a pretty much stalemate)
This makes me think that
yes Goku died but then this reveals a plot hole as the wish was made with the earth dragonballs which were stated many times to not be able to revive someone already revived from them before. Well Goku was revived for the Vegeta / Nappa arc already. Plot hole?
After Namek blows up it is said by King Kai if someone were to be wished back they would appear wherever they died and basically making it so Goku can't be wished back since Namek is gone but later Vegeta states they can wish someone back to the Earth's check-in station and then wished back to life.
So they do they following 3 wishes:
- Ask for Krillin to be wished to the Earth's check-in station
- Wish Krillin back to life. Seems to work based on rules.
- Wish Yamcha back to life. He doesn't have to be wished to the check-in station as well?
Is this because Yamcha was in a "safe place"?
Why did't they need two wishes like they did with Krillin?
FYI, even though I know many documented plot holes exist, and I could very well be wrong with my logic above, I enjoy learning things that I may have missed and having the discussion at least