In One Punch Man, there are classes for heroes, and threat levels for monsters/villains. How does S-Class heroes' power compare to threat levels?
This can be answered from the information in the bonus chapter, Threat Level, in Volume 15.
The threat level and hero rank comparison shown in the chapter are:
- Wolf Level - needs 3 Class-C heroes or 1 Class-B hero
- Tiger Level - needs 5 Class-B heroes or 1 Class-A hero
- Demon Level - needs 10 Class-A heroes or 1 Class-S hero
Disaster or threat levels above demon (dragon and god) were never compared but based on the events in the manga, this might require multiple Class-S heroes, depending on the ability or capability of both the monster and the hero facing it.
There are different threat levels decided upon by the Hero Association. The decision on the threat level depends on
factors such as strength, aggressiveness, and the estimated difficulty in defeating [the monster].
It was also noted in the same chapter that
hero ranks are an imperfect representation of combat ability due to inconsistent factors like battleground conditions and monster compatibility.
This class of heroes was originally created to include characters who can defeat Demon level threats on their own. That said, some of the high ranked S class heroes such as Tatsumaki are capable of fighting Dragon level Threats by themselves or with the assistance of other S class heroes. Another good example is Elder Centipede who is a Dragon Level threat and was defeated by Blast, the first ranked S class hero.
Some of the information contained in this post requires additional references. Please edit to add citations to reliable sources that support the assertions made here. Unsourced material may be disputed or deleted.
- Puri Puri Prisoner: above demon
- Tank Top Master: high demon
- Metal Bat: low dragon
- Genos (Webcomic): low-mid dragon
- Flashy Flash: high-above dragon
- Watchdog Man: mid dragon
- Superalloy Darkshine: high dragon
- Pig God: low dragon
- Drive knight: high dragon
- Zombiemen: low-high dragon
- King: above Saitama
- Metal knight: 1 drown: high demon, 100 drowns: above dragon
- Child emperor: mid dragon
- Atomic samurai: mid dragon
- Silver Fang: high-above dragon
- Tatsumaki: above dragon/god
- Blast: by feats god
- Amai mask: mid dragon