I've seen these markings in a bunch of art and I'm curious if it has a certain name or if it's just a popular design choice; I've seen it in the "Matryoshka" Vocaloid song, as well as other anime OCs across varying communities.

If anybody knows what is the name of these or if they even have a name, please enlighten my weeb mind!! Thanks in advance for anybody with more insight on these! :)

art from the Vocaloid song, known as "Matryoshka."

  • 2
    facial lines as in what's on their noses in the image you provided? – Memor-X May 2 '19 at 3:07
  • The first thing that came to my mind was "tribal face painting", but I'm not sure if that's the answer... – Aki Tanaka May 2 '19 at 16:19
  • @Memor-X Yes, I did mean the nose and under eye markings they have. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough! ^^; – Milk May 2 '19 at 19:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.