As I was watching Jujutsu-Kaisen, I have notices several reference from Naruto. Some of them are:
- They referred the martial arts as taijutsu. With that, the Wikipedia article writes:
Taijutsu is a synonym for Jujutsu (method of unarmed or with minor weapons close combat).The words jujutsu and taijutsu and yawara can be used instead of each other. The term is commonly used when referring to a traditional Japanese martial art but has also been used in the naming of modern martial arts such as Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu.
- The characters can stand on water (is that a reference?)
- When confronted by Gojo Sensei that Itadori can't use cursed techniques, this is what he said:
I want to pull off a Spirit Gun or Bankai, or Rasengan, or Dodon Ray.
- In episode 9, the villain makes a mention of Nine-tailed fox (Kyuubi).
- Many hand signs are similar to what was shown in Naruto.
So, why are characters of Jujutsu Kaisen making references of Naruto anime? Is it because, since both shows are Shonen type, making references is easier and looks more impressive? Or is there any relation with the studios(the studios are different) or illustrators etc.?