Why doesn't Ash release Charizard even though it is his worst pokemon? You might ask for instances which I prove as follows:
- Because of Charizard, Ash lost the Indigo League.
- Charizard was not able to defeat Dragonite when a small Pokémon like Pikachu did in Indigo League.
- Charizard was not able to defeat Tad's Poliwrath.
- Because of Charizard again, Ash lost against Harrison in the final round.
- In the banned episode The Mandarin Island Miss Match, because of Charizard releasing flame all around Ash, his reputation in front of Prima decreased.
- Ash's Charizard wasn't even able to defeat Chikorita even though Chikorita was tired in The Chikorita Rescue.
- Charizard, despite being so huge, was not even able to lift Ash.
I think these points are enough to conclude that Charizard is one of Ash's worst Pokémon, if not the words. I know Ash is also a bad trainer, but shouldn't Charizard perform well because it is very strong and Ash saved its life as a Charmander?
Why doesn't Ash release Charizard if it is so bad? Why did he leave him for training instead? Shouldn't he have completely eliminated it from his team?