There's a certain art director whose art I absolutely love. I can name a few episodes and shows I saw his touches in.
Shin Sekai Yori - episode 5 and 10 (dunno if any further).
Kimi no Iru Machi - mostly in the beginning, also opening, fewer scenes in the latter part.
Casshern Sins - many scenes
His works are very distinct and have many traits to it. Among others they're:
- Angles. He uses a lot of different angles everywhere. Characters are rarely drawn in straight angle, the camera is looking from either higher or lower point. Sometimes it's also rotated a bit.
- He focuses on faces a lot, putting emphasis on the eyes. Faces cover most of the screen whenever a character is talking and there's no other action going on. Also apply angles argument to that.
- Some scenes just belong to a certain character, having only him and nothing else apart from the plainish background on the screen.
- Emphasis on body movement, especially hands and posture.
- Dynamic scenes consist of characters moving from one part to another, rotating from side to side. Sometimes background is still while character is moving on the screen.
What is his name and what other works did he work on?