hair highlight

I'd like to know what's this type of hair highlight called?

In the application Koikatsu, it is called "lighting" highlight. I am wondering if this is the correct name?

  • I've been searching all around, still no official name for that kind of highlight. Danbooru doesn't specify it. Oct 3, 2023 at 10:53
  • 1
    In Japanese there is word ツヤベタ(tsuyabeta) though it does not specifically refer to the 'lighting'. It rather means paint black the hair with the expression of luster. (See this for example).
    – sundowner
    Oct 4, 2023 at 12:12
  • What about "zigzag" highlight? Oct 6, 2023 at 19:31
  • I suppose it is simply a type/style of luster. ツヤベタ just encompasses painting the hair with highlight.
    – sundowner
    Oct 8, 2023 at 8:58


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .