New answers tagged

4 votes

What are these "fence-posts" with Kanji on them in Samurai Champloo?

It is called 卒塔婆(sotoba) and seen commonly in Japanese cemeteries. They are normally placed at the back of grave stones like the following (source): Usually some matra or names of people buried there ...
sundowner's user avatar
  • 3,098

Top 50 recent answers are included