[...] The "Dragon Ball Z" manga remains censored, although many volumes (prior to volume 17) are technically uncensored since they did not contain any objectionable material.
- Mr. Popo's lips and other dark-skinned characters were edited because of complaints made by Carole Boston Weatherford.
- Middle fingers were edited into fists.
In 2006, Viz began releasing a second, A-rated (All Ages) edition of the series sans some nudity and profanity.
- The name Mr. Satan was edited into "Hercule" (the same as Funimation's edited anime dub).
- Firearms were edited into "laser blasters", though a pistol-armed robber was able to shoot a character without being censored.
- Alcohol, drugs and sexual innuendo were edited.
[...] These releases are also edited for content to make the series more family-oriented.
Does the manga alter any dialog or story? So, how bad is that in the overall experience? If it's so bad, what are my other options to read the manga?