I see that in many Animes, there are cross-dressing (or maybe trans) characters, like Hideri Kanzaki of Blend-S, that have awfully high-pitched voices. These characters in anime and manga fall into a trope and are usually referred to as "trap characters."
Why do these characters have high-pitched voices?
I can't think of any character that falls into this trope and has their voice fall into a lower, typically male, voice register, given the ranges here:
- Soprano (female, high): C4-C6
- Mezzo-soprano (female, medium): G3-A5
- Alto (female, low): F3-F5
- Tenor (male, high): C3-C5
- Baritone (male, medium): G2-G4
- Bass (male, low): E2-E4
Why can't they just be tenors? (Or altos in the case of reverse-traps?)